The gene is plasminogen activator, tissue type isoform 1 preproprotein
12) The gene is located on the chromosome 8
13) Sequence belongs to the short arm of the chromosome
14) The genes found above and below are: Above: AP3M2 and LOC100129294; Below: IKBKB, POLB
15) The genes transcribing in the same direction as PLAT are None
20) The length of the gene is approximately 33 kb.
EC1. What do you see?
Alu I cuts the long pcr product at position 22 and 280 thus producing three fragments from the pcr product.
EC2. Blast 2 sequences:
No significant similarity found.
mRNA is transcribed from the coding regions of the genes called exons. Whereas the non-coding regions called introns may be transcribed in the pre-mRNA, they are removed once the pre-mRNA is processed. The short PCR product belongs the intron region and thus not found the mRNA.